Termite Inspection & Control
It's no surprise that termites eat wood and can cause a great deal of damage to your home if left unchecked and untreated. A typical homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover destruction caused by termites, even though they cause over 5 billion dollars in damage to homes throughout the United States each year. Our inspection and termite control program can help you understand the threat of termites, and take the necessary steps to protect your home.
Every Year, Subterranean Termites in the U.S. Cause Approx. $5 Billion in Damages!
The Visual Termite inspection
You can’t assume your home is termite-free just because you’ve never seen them – they only swarm once or twice a year, and that may be after they have been there for five or more years, therefore, you might miss it! We thoroughly inspect your home or business, looking for the tell-tale signs of termite infestation. Some of the things we look for are:
- Mud tubes built for traveling above ground
- Damaged or hollow-sounding wood
- Pinholes in drywall or wallpaper
- Evidence of swarming insects inside or along the foundation
- Piles of small wings or wings caught in spider webs
- Other specific termite indicators such as conducive conditions that only a trained professional may find
We will implement the use of our K9 Termite Scent Detection Team upon request. In addition, we offer Real Estate WDI Inspection reports for buyers, sellers, agents, management agencies or lending institutions.
Meet Ethel! The Termite-Sniffing Canine The homeowner's (or homebuyer's) new best friend. Ethel is a Beagle/Jack Russel Terrier mix who is certified in termite scent detection. Unlike any other service being offered to you by other pest control companies or home inspectors, Ethel can sniff through walls and floors, finding a current termite colony or the potential new colony. Trust the experience of 30 years in the industry and a certified termite team to inspect your investment. Canine inspections and preventative termite control now can save you a lot of money down the road on repairs and treatments.
To control these unwanted pests we provide a structure-specific treatment plan which may include:
- Outside perimeter treatment using a non-repellency product that will kill termites. This treatment becomes your barrier.
- Foaming hollow stoop areas using a termiticide.
- Advance Termite Stations to monitor termite activity around the perimeter of the home. Having a monitoring system may help detect termites before they invade your structure and will pinpoint problem areas of the foundation.
- Baiting programs for delicate areas where chemicals are not permitted to be used such as schools, governmental buildings and homes with wells or close water proximity.